Overstrand Evening Women’s Institute
We are a lively group of women who meet on the third* Wednesday of most months at 7.30 p.m. in Overstrand’s Parish Hall (this is located in The Londs, just off the High Street where parking is available).
*if our August meeting coincides with Cromer Carnival we meet a week earlier and we change our December meeting date, if this falls close to the Christmas celebrations.
Our group was founded in 1983 and we attract members from not only Overstrand but also the surrounding villages, as well as neighbouring Cromer town. We pride ourselves on our friendliness and currently have approximately thirty members whose interests and backgrounds vary widely.
Our Committee arrange guest speakers, who provide us with inspiration, knowledge and entertainment. In addition to the monthly meetings, which in certain months incorporate a Fish and Chip Supper or Strawberries and Cream or Cakes, we have trips, walks and social events as well as involvement with other local WI’s, plus regional and national meetings. Other events, annually or bi-annually, can include trips to the theatre, coffee mornings, gardens open and getting involved with various village activities.
Detailed information about the W.I. can be found at www.thewi.org.uk or if you would like more information specific to Overstrand Evening WI, please contact our secretary on 01263 576693 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org – or just come along to one of our meetings.
Overstrand Evening W.I. – Walks in 2017
During the walks the leaders will provide brief information on places of interest. The walks are open to members, friends and anyone who is interested in joining the group. Sorry, currently our insurance does not permit dogs.
- Monday 23rd January 10.30am – Walk around Cromer. Meet Doctors Surgery.
- Thursday 25th May 10.30am – Walk at Blickling. Meeting point TBA .
- Tuesday 26th September 10.30am – A walk at West Runton. Meet in free car park
- Friday 24th November 10.30am – Walk between Overstrand and Northrepps. Meet Pauls Lane Car Park.
A coffee stop is always included. Dates may change. To confirm nearer the date phone 01263 576470.
Overstrand Evening W.I. – Programme for 2017
- January 18th Talk about South Africa. Zandra Mackay. Competition: An African item
- February 15th “Greece in my Rucksack” by Janet Ellis. Competition: A Greek Recipe
- March 15th The Work of a Hospital Chaplain. John Allen. Competition: A Religious item
- April 19th A talk on Anaesthesia. Joe Gaston. Competition: A Doctor joke.
- May 17th Resolutions Meeting
- June 21st Walk/games evening with Strawberry Supper
- July 19th The Norfolk Wherry. Ivor Stemp. Competition: A nautical item.
- August 9th Craft Evening
- September 20th Costumes through the Ages. Kindra Jones. Competition: Your oldest item of clothing.
- October 18th Overstrand in the Great War. Tim Bennett. Competition: A First World War Souvenir.
- November 15th Annual Meeting
- December Christmas Lunch.