Overstrand Parish Council News
ON BEHALF OF THE NORFOLK COMMUNITY BIODIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP
28 February 2019
Do you know a local wildlife hero?
The search is on for people who are working to make a difference for Norfolk’s wildlife to apply for the Norfolk Community Biodiversity Awards.
It might be an individual, group, school, parish council or business; they will be inspiring others in their community to get involved and their achievements will be worth celebrating with the prestigious Norfolk Community Biodiversity Award.
If you know someone then now is your chance to nominate them for the 2019 Awards which will be announced in July. This year there are 6 different categories to recognise people’s efforts in areas where nature needs a helping hand, and where nature helps us:
- Saving Species, which recognises individual or group efforts to improve the lot of wildlife species or species groups
- Groups, which recognises the achievements of groups working on biodiversity projects in their local community
- Young People’s Achievement, which is for individuals under 18 or those who enable young people to make a personal contribution to nature and biodiversity
- Nature for Health and Wellbeing,which recognises projects and activities that bring benefits for people’s health and wellbeing alongside benefits for biodiversity (or knowledge of it) in the community
- Churchyards and Cemeteries, which recognises action to care for churchyards and cemeteries so that they provide opportunities for nature to thrive as well as being a welcoming and tranquil oasis for people
- Above & Beyond,This award recognises efforts by professionals that go above and beyond their paid hours to engage with communities and volunteers to bring about gains for biodiversity
It’s easy to make a nomination – you can complete a simple online nomination form here:www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/CBANomination or download an electronic PDF version by visiting www.norfolkbiodiversity.org and following the link from the home page. Simply fill in the form on your computer and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close on 30 April 2019.
Winners and their guests will be invited to our awards evening which takes place in July in Norwich. All winners will be presented with a framed certificate as a record of their achievement.
The judges will be looking for evidence of biodiversity enhancement, as well as the degree of community involvement, and project long-term sustainability.
The Norfolk Community Biodiversity Awards are organised annually by the Norfolk Biodiversity Partnership (NBP), a well-established partnership working to co-ordinate and share initiatives to conserve biodiversity across Norfolk.
The Awards have been generously sponsored by Kelling Heath Holiday Park for Young People’s Achievement; The Landscape Partnership for Group Award; Pensthorpe Natural Park for Nature for Health and Wellbeing; BIRDscapes for Saving Species, R and J Hogg for Churchyards and Cemeteries and the Norfolk Biodiversity Partnership for the Above & Beyond Award.