The Grange, Pauls Lane, was built for Sir John Hare (associated with London’s Garrick Theatre).
William Player (of the tobacco company) purchased The Grange in 1910 which was later occupied by Sir Jesse Boot (founder of Boots the Chemists). The Grange subsequently became a Council children’s home, which closed in the late 1990s.
Thomas Fowell Buxton whose family had close connections with Cromer, Northrepps and Overstrand, is buried in St.Martin’s Churchyard.
Henry Royce (of Rolls Royce) spent some timeliving at Pump Cottage