Overstrand has a wide sandy beach accessible from both ends of the promenade. The cliff top car park at the end of Cliff Road is ideal for all day parking when visiting the beach.
Please note that lifeguards do not patrol the beach. An emergency telephone at located on the main gangway to the beach. We recommend that you follow the beach safety rules.
Beach Safety Rules Staying Safe on the Beach and in the Water
The beaches along the north Norfolk coast are a wonderful place to visit at any time of the year by observing the following information you and your family can get the most from your visit and stay safe.
- Children should always be supervised in the water and on the beach.
- Inflatables are not suitable for the open sea and should always be attached to the shore.
- Rip currents may exist around any obstructions such as breakwaters. KEEP CLEAR
- Alcohol and water sports do not mix.
- Do not dig in the cliff face or make deep holes on the beach.
- Do not disturb the wildlife.
- Please take all your litter home with you.
For information about dog walking on Overstrand beaches, visit our Dog Walking page.